Color Harmony Rules


I found this image in Graphic Design USA. I can see and appreciate the monochromatic color scheme used, meaning that the same color is used, and the the hue will always remain the same. The blue is so subtle here that I think it really ties everything together well.


This advertisement was found also in Graphic Design USA (pg 19). I saw this as a good example for analogous. I see the The violet blue and blue-violet used here to convey the same color family.


This ad was found in Graphic Design USA (pg 99). This is an example of complementary colors used to make the font stand out against the background. The scanner did change the image coloring a bit but the background is generally blue whereas the font is an orangey shade of brown.


This last image was found in American Photo on Campus (pg 6). This is my example of triadic color schemes used to harmonize the scene. In this photo, I see purple, green and orange along with the blue pants to really compliment these colors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Symbolic Colors

Color Discord